Friday, September 1, 2017

Dr. Sessa, you will be missed!!!!!!

Joining our family 28 years ago, Dr. Tom Sessa has spent a lifetime serving our pet community. Today, we bid him farewell.

As an iconic member of our practice, Dr. Sessa has touched the lives of not only the animals he has cared for but the clients, the colleagues and the staff with which he has shared his time. There will never be another soul quite like Dr. Sessa and his legendary "magic touch" will remain alive in the many lessons he has passed on during his practice.  


A message from Dr. Sessa:

To my dearly loved co-workers, clients, patients, and friends -
As many of you know, over the past couple of years I’ve experienced some medical setbacks.  Due to these issues, as of September 1, 2017, I will no longer be an employee of VCA Hollywood Animal Hospital.
I want to take a moment to thank you for the honor and privilege it has been to serve you these past 28 years. I have such fond memories of my time at Hollywood Animal Hospital, and it is with great sadness that I bid you farewell.

To my clients, you are like no other!  From trusting me to care for your new four legged babies, to crying with you as you had to say goodbye (and everything in between)...I will cherish each and every one of those experiences.   The friendships I’ve forged with some of you are lifelong, and I am eternally grateful for the loyalty and faith you all have had in me over the years.
To the staff, it is difficult to put into words how fond I am of you all.  Over the years I have worked with some of the most compassionate, devoted, and talented people – we will always be one big family.

Now, with great sadness, it is time for me to end this journey with you.  I can’t thank you all enough for allowing me into your lives.  While I will miss not being able to see you and care for your pets, I have complete confidence in the abilities of the doctors and staff at VCA Hollywood Animal Hospital.

My best wishes to you all and God bless –

Dr. Tom Sessa




14 comments:

  1. Dr. Sessa wishing you all the best in your retirement. Thank you for all you did for our pets. You will be missed. Kay Strawderman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family the best. Thank you for all you did with Pugsley in her battle with mast cell. She is about to celebrate her 10th birthday and so thankful you helped keep her here with us. You will be missed by so many. Enjoy your retirement. The Rivera family

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were just a newbie when I first came to you with my assortment of stray cats. I can't begin to say how appreciative I have always been for you guidance, kindness, and love. You always found the undetectable illness, you solaced me when all my my favorites passed on, you inspired a few family members to become vets, and you've always been a loving friend. Best of luck to you. I know every life you touch, animal or human, will be honored. Kathy Atria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Sessa, I wish you the best job. And I wanna thanks to you for doing this. I pray for your family. Excellent work! Thanks you for sharing such a great blog with us. Expecting for your good luck.

    OneDayTop recently has posted for HEALTH : PINEAPPLE JUICE HELPS TO GET RID OF COUGH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you all the best. I'll never forget your kindness to me and to Bubba who is now 14 abd doing well.
    Andrea Wulkan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Sessa....like the song says "how are we supposed to live without you LOL...I've known you since I was a little girl. my family took our animals to see you and I thought my children and the children of my children were going to do the same. Believe me when I say "you are unique" and the epitome of kindness we are all going to miss you. the trust and friendship we've build all these years will be in my heart forever Take care my wonderful friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr Sessa, thank you for your kindness to my four legged kids and me. I wish you the best on your new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr. Sessa, you treated my Springer Spaniel multiple times in the late 1980s. She seemed to have some challenges that led me to drive to you from Miami Springs. I will never forget how wonderful you were with her and with me. You’re an amazing doctor and an amazing soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother Larry and I have benefited from Dr. Sessa's kindness and expertise for decades. Our own pets - and many alley cats - kept us coming back for the special attention he could provide. I still appreciate the relationship forged those many years ago. Thank you.
    Bruce Gordon
    Miami Beach

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Dr Sessa, thank you, thank you, thank you, for what you did for our Fluffy and Bella. We will dearly miss you as a friend and as a devoted knowledgeable trusted vet. It will be hard for us to find a substitute. We wish you a well deserved happy and healthy retirement. Wagschal family, Aventura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Dr.Sessa: You have been for decades such a wonderful person, and have been an extraordinary vet to all my dogs, starting with Domi, and then Gardel and Pocho, and most importantly a friend at all times. Your legacy and trail is hard to emulate or follow, a challenge to your "patients" and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this post with us. I have read your post and really get some awesome tips and tricks. I love to share and waiting for next post as well.Once you see a locum veterinarian, they'll have the detailed medical report, however it helps to be accustomed to your pet's historical past. For more information please visit our website.vets in Ripley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this post. I'm very interested in this topic. http://sugarlandvet.com/ A survey just a few years in the past found that the life time vets prices for the common cat was within the area of £600-£700 ($1000). Since then the value has gone up by one other 50%. So it is crucial that you simply attempt to get the perfect worth for cash.

    ReplyDelete