What's in your Pet First Aid Kit?
- Save your veterinarian’s phone number and emergency veterinary clinic’s phone number (if applicable) in your cell phone address book and keep a hard copy in the kit.
- Gauze to wrap wounds or muzzle animal.
- Adhesive tape for bandages.
- Nonstick bandages (i.e., Telfa pads) to protect wounds or control bleeding.
- Towels and cloth to clean wounds or to wrap up the pet.
- Milk of Magnesia or activated charcoal to absorb poison (be sure toget the advice of your veterinarian or local poison control center beforeinducing vomiting or treating an animal for poisoning).
- Large syringe without needle or eyedropper (to give oral treatments).
- Muzzle, a basket muzzle is the best option but a cloth muzzle will also work, (soft cloth, rope, necktie or nylon stocking) or use a towel to cover a small animal’s head. Do not use in case of vomiting.
- Stretcher (a door, board, blanket or floor mat).