Thursday, February 1, 2018

Dr. James, you will be missed!!!

After 45 years of practice, Dr. James Dee has decided to retire.

Please know that the doctors at VCA HAH are extraordinary and our team here is second to none. I have no doubt that they will continue to provide stellar and compassionate care for you and your pets for many years to come.

It is with deep sadness that we wish Dr. James farewell, but we take solace in the fact that his retirement is well deserved and his standard of hard work and caring will forever be a part of the DNA of this practice. Whether to staff, client, family or friend, Dr. James’ impact on each of us was profound and we are grateful for his part in building the VCA HAH. We wish Dr. James wonderful new adventures, full of all of the joys in the world and we welcome him back anytime for a visit and a laugh!

A message from Dr. James.

To the clients and staff of VCA Hollywood Animal Hospital -
It is with a heavy heart that I announce my retirement from VCA Hollywood Animal Hospital; the place I have called home since I was a kid.  

When I walked across the stage at Auburn University in 1972 and received my diploma, I can honestly say I did not realize the profound impact my career and the 45 years I spent at HAH would have on my life.  Along with my brothers Dr. Larry and Dr. Jon, and our partners Dr. Sessa and Dr. Herrington, it was an honor and a privilege to serve as an owner of Hollywood Animal Hospital.  What’s more, having the opportunity to practice quality family medicine with my father, Dr. Clarence Dee (who cofounded Hollywood Animal Hospital in 1947) and mother Lucille Dee, was an experience of a lifetime.   I would not trade those years for anything in the world and they have shaped me into the man, and veterinarian, I am today. 

Additionally, I have worked alongside some exceptional folks – people I truly consider family. Together we have laughed, cried, supported each other, as well as our clients, as we navigated through some rough waters, hunkered down through many a  hurricane, watched generations (2 and 4 legged!) mature and grow.  The list is endless and I have nothing but fond memories of my years in practice.

Now, this goes without saying, but in my eyes the clients of Hollywood Animal Hospital are the cream of the crop! I have met so many magnificent, kind hearted people who have entrusted me to do the very best by their pets.  I will miss you all more than I can ever express to you. 

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.  I will keep each and every one of you close to my heart.

Warmest regards,

Dr. James Dee



1 comment:

  1. Dr. James has been the most kind, compassionate ,caring man to my pets for 16 years. He and his brothers are going to be missed. I am sad but very happy for him...he can fish in the keys everyday now.
    With Love
    Suzanne Spineii
    Rocco & Dante

    ReplyDelete